- Spent mushroom substrate is the composted organic material remaining after a crop of mushrooms is harvested.
- Generally used on new or existing veggie gardens. although great for most plants including roses, camellias and azaleas. NOT FOR USE ON AUSTRALIAN NATIVES.
- Due to this soil being quite rich, we recommend young seedling and seeds be grown in a seed raising mix prior to being planted in our veggie mix.
- Mushrooms are grown in a mixture of natural products, including horse-bedded straw, hay, poultry manure, ground corn cobs, cottonseed hulls, gypsum and other substances
- Poultry manure, gingin loam, quartz sand (minimal), peat and composted organics
- 50% of each product is used to create this mix.
- Improves water holding capabilities, soil texture, drainage and adds nutrients with its organic material.
- Moisture holding capabilities.
- Provides plants with needed organic nutrients.
- Promotes healthy root establishment and growth.